Join HPSM's Care Management Program
Make your health care easier and better – at no cost to you!
Want help meeting your health goals? Then join HPSM’s Care Management program! You’ll be matched with a Case Manager who acts as your personal health care concierge. This gives you one point of contact for all your health care needs. That helps you get what you need when you need it.
How Care Management works
- First, you answer questions about your health in the Health Risk Assessment (HRA). This takes about 20 minutes, and you can fill the form out yourself or give your answers to a Care Management team member over the phone. Your HRA answers let HPSM identify your specific health care needs.
- Then your Care Manager works with you to create a customized care plan based on your HRA answers. The plan optimizes how you use your benefits by addressing your specific health care needs and coordinating all aspects of your care. Your Care Manager shares the plan with your primary care provider to get their input, then adjusts the plan as needed.
- With your plan in place, you can call your Care Manager any time you have questions or need help with your health care. They can help you:
- Find the doctors and specialists who can best address your needs
- Make timely health care appointments
- Set up no-cost rides to health care visits
- Better understand your medications to maximize their effectiveness and minimize negative side effects
- Transition smoothly back home after a hospital stay
- Get follow-up care after doctor's visits, hospital stays and outpatient surgery
- Manage complex medical conditions or critical events
- Access programs such as long-term services and supports, housing supports, meal programs and more
Any HPSM member can join the program at no cost!
Family members and authorized representatives can also refer members in their care. Just call 650-616-2060 Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (TTY users: call 1-800-735-2929 or dial 7-1-1.) Or you can email CareCoordinationRequests@hpsm.org.
HPSM's Care Management program is voluntary. You can opt in or opt out at any time. It does not affect your benefits.