Don't Lose Your Medi-Cal

Keep your information updated

If you received a Medi-Cal renewal packet, be sure to fill it out as completely as you can and send it in as soon as possible. Send it in even if you haven't filled out the whole form to make sure you can keep your Medi-Cal coverage.

Who to contact when your information changes

San Mateo County

If you have Medi-Cal through the Human Services Agency (HSA) call 1-800-223-8383 when you:

  • Need a new Medi-Cal Benefit ID Card (BIC)
  • Change your address or phone number
  • Change your name
  • Have changes in the size of your family
  • Get new health care coverage
  • Receive a notice to submit a renewal application
Social Security Administration

If you have Medi-Cal and receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits through the Social Security Administration (SSA):

  • To change your address of phone number, call SSA: 1-800-772-1213