Interactive Self-Management Tools
Are you interested in taking charge of your health? Use any of these tools below to:
- See how well you are doing on these health issues.
- See what you can do to better your health.
These tools are provided to you at no cost. You may want to print out the surveys and talk to your provider about them. For more about HPSM’s Health Promotion programs and other resources, call our Health Promotion Unit at 650-616-2165.
To start your journey to health, explore these categorized resources!
By clicking these links, you will be leaving the HPSM site.
Avoid At-Risk Drinking
- Alcohol and your health 2 – Check if you need to change your drinking and learn how to change and stay in control.
- Calculate how alcohol can affect you 2 – Find out how many calories are in alcohol, how much money you spend on alcohol and what Blood Alcohol Concentration (BAC) means.
- Alcohol and You: Check out what alcohol does to your body 2 – Learn about how different areas of the body are affected by alcohol.
Stop Smoking and Tobacco Use
- Take the nutrition and activity quiz 3 – Learn how to incorporate nutrition and physical activity into your daily life by answering 12 questions.
- Calculate your calorie needs 3 – Find out how much to exercise and eat to safely maintain the weight you want.
- Eat healthier with tips from MyPlate (Español) 7 – Use the Start Simple with MyPlate app to set healthy eating goals, see real-time progress and stay motivated.
- Calculate your body mass index (BMI) 6 – Learn more about how BMI is used and calculated for adults, children and teens.
Identifying Depression Symptoms
- Take a mental health depression test (Español) 5 – Find out if you’re showing signs of depression by answering 10 questions.
- Postpartum depression test 5 – Are you a new parent? Take a 10-question screening for postpartum depression.
- Think you might be depressed? 1, 4 – Take the quiz to find out if you are showing signs of depression.
- Take the stress screener quiz 5 – Find out how stress impacts your life by answering 16 questions.
- Create a plan to balance your diet and physical activity 2 – Use the Body Weight Planner to make a personalized plan to reach or maintain your goal weight.
- Exercise activity calculator 3 – Find out how many calories you will burn by walking, biking and doing other activities.