An HPSM-contracted PCP can refer patients to:
- HPSM-contracted specialists without prior authorization using your office's referral process (for ACE members, please use the ACE referral authorization form)
- Specialists outside of HPSM’s network if an appropriate in-network specialist is not available
- Dental referrals can be made by using our dental referral form or by calling 650-616-1522
To refer to a non-network specialist:
- Identify and make a referral to the specialist using your own office's referral process.
- The non-network specialist must then submit a prior authorization form for any services rendered, including regular office visits. The prior authorization request will be reviewed by HPSM and the decision will be communicated to the out-of-network specialist. Click here for review response times.
- Upon authorization, the specialist can move forward with providing care to the member.
Referral Authorization Fax Numbers
Behavioral Health and Recovery Services referral:
CBAS and MSSP referral:
Care Coordination referral: