Advocating for the Care You Need
As someone with a disability, you are the expert in the care you need! You have the right to access the same medical services as anyone else.
HPSM and your primary care provider (PCP) can help you by providing:
- Assistance with reviewing health plan documents
- Interpreter services, including qualified American Sign Language (ASL) interpreters
- Help with scheduling appointments
- Medical equipment and supplies
- Referrals to programs and services
For more tips on getting the care you need, read this brochure from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).