COVID-19 Resources for Members
Meal Delivery & Community Resources
The COVID-19 crisis has left many people struggling to meet their basic financial and food needs. The community resources listed below can help.
Before visiting any community resource in person, please call them first or consult their website for instructions on how to access their services. Many public agencies, including HPSM, are limiting direct contact as a preventive measure against COVID-19 transmission.
- Catholic Charities - If you are an undocumented immigrant who did not receive a stimulus check, this Bay Area community agency can may be able to provide relief funds. Funds are limited to 150,000 California families, so call 866-490-3899 as soon as possible. Lines are open 8am to 8pm Monday through Saturday.
- County of San Mateo Department of Housing (for information about local eviction protections)
- California Department of Education (for information about subsidized internet plans)
- California Public Utilities Commission (for information about utility protections)
- Legal Aid Society of San Mateo (for resources related to COVID-19 on rent payment, evictions and declaring financial distress)
- San Mateo County CORE Services Agencies
- State of California Employment Development Department
- Ecumenical Hunger Project
- WIC California
- Jewish Families & Children’s Services
- Second Harvest Food Bank
Free meals for students
San Mateo County School Districts are continuing to offer free meals for students while schools remain closed. For information, check the school district links below:
- Cabrillo Unified School District
- Ravenswood City School District and Aspire Charter Schools
- Redwood City School District
- San Mateo - Foster City School District
- San Mateo Union High School District
- Sequoia Union High School District
- South San Francisco Unified School District