Access your health information
You can choose to share your health data with third-party applications. This lets you see your health records anytime using a smartphone or tablet.
The information you can see may include details about your:
- Health care insurance
- Medications, immunizations and lab results
- Medical history (such as conditions, treatments and procedures)
- Doctors and health care appointments
- Medical payment history – including payments for health care made by HPSM and by you
In order to access your data yourself, you will need to download and use a third-party application and approve that your health care data be shared. If you do choose to share your data, it will be transferred by HPSM to Care Evolution myFHR, the only third-party application that currently works directly with HPSM.
Information about how to share your health care data can be found below, but first you should make sure you understand the benefits and risks.
Benefits of sharing your health care data
- Helps you understand your health care better and make more informed choices by making all your data available to you in one place
- Helps researchers improve treatments and find cures (if you agree to share your anonymous data for this purpose)
Risks of sharing your health care data
HPSM is committed to protecting your privacy and the security of your health care data. However, once you share your health data with a third-party app, they will be able to access ALL of your health care data. Sharing only some types of your data is not an option. HPSM does not contract with or endorse any third-party application that connections with HPSM. After you share your data, HPSM cannot guarantee the safety of your personal health information and cannot be held responsible if your information is illegally misused or stolen.
You can also revoke or block third-party applications from accessing your HPSM health information at any time.
Security measures to protect your data
HPSM does take security measures to protect your data, including:
- Requiring your express permission before sharing your data
- Using methods to confirm your identity, such as security questions and multi-factor authentication
- NOT renting, selling or sharing information about you for direct marketing or other purposes without your permission
- NEVER sharing your personal payment information (such as credit card numbers, HSA account details, bank account details or other types of financial information)
How to share your health care data
Care Evolution my FHR is the only app that you can share your HPSM health care data with at this time. To get started, you will need to
- download the Care Evolution my FHR app to your mobile device
- create a new account by agreeing to their terms/conditions
- Authenticate your account and log in,
- Approve sharing your HPSM health care data
After these steps are completed you may be sent marketing emails or texts based on your medical history and health care use.