Celebrating LGBTQIA+ Pride Month
June is LGBTQIA+ Pride Month! LGBTQIA+ stands for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer or questioning, intersex, asexual, plus many other sexual orientations and gender identities. During the month of June, we:
- Celebrate the LGBTQIA+ community in San Mateo County.
- Acknowledge the improvements made in access to health care or other community services for the LGBTQIA+ community.
- Recognize that there is much work to do as the LGBTQIA+ community still faces discrimination and bias.
- Stand committed to our continued efforts to ensure all individuals in the LGBTQIA+ community receive equitable care and services.
Working to achieve health equity for all of our members
- Our HEALTHY values include equitable access to quality services and supports for all members as well as advocacy for members disproportionately impacted by health inequities.
- We proudly promote the work of the San Mateo County Office of Diversity and Equity and San Mateo County Pride Center.
- We promote awareness, wellness and recovery. Check out our new LGBTQIA+ Health Tips webpages. Also follow us on Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn throughout LGBTQIA+ Pride Month to learn more.
- We offer health equity education and resources for our network providers as tools to support culturally inclusive care for our members. For example, see our tips for treating transgender patients.
Stay tuned for more cultural awareness month celebrations coming in 2023!
- July – Disability Pride Month
- September 15 to October 15 – Hispanic Heritage Month
- October – Filipino American History Month
- November – Native American History Month