HPSM offers no-cost phone, video and in-person language assistance services from professional interpreters who are fluent in more than 230 languages. Our language assistance services can only be used for HPSM members. HPSM partners with our interpreter services vendors to monitor and ensure appropriate utilization.
REQUIREMENTS FOR PROVIDERS
All contracted HPSM providers (including dental providers) are required to provide linguistically appropriate services to members with limited English proficiency (LEP) or hearing impairment. At each point of contact, providers must inform these members (and/or their medical decision makers) about:
- Their right to access qualified interpreters in all non-English languages, including American Sign Language (ASL), at no cost.
- Their right to not have to provide their own interpreters.
- How to access language assistance services.
- How to file complaints about interpreter services.
When using HPSM’s contracted interpreter services vendor, providers are asked to identify their provider type. These include:
- Therapy (including Physical, Speech and Behavioral).
- Durable Medical Equipment.
- Vendor (e.g., Nurse Advice Line, Wider Circle, etc.).
HPSM language assistance services are available by phone 24 hours a day 7 days a week. To get an interpreter, call 1-800-225-5254 and give the operator access code 64095HPSM.
Recent update: Since the end of the Public Health Emergency, HPSM has begun to offer in-person services for spoken language interpretation again. Please visit our website for information on how to schedule an in-person interpreter.