How HPSM’s Ride Benefit works
Medi-Cal and CareAdvantage members who have no means of transportation to approved health care visits can use HPSM’s Ride Benefit. HPSM’s ride provider is American Logistics Company (ALC). All ride requests must go through ALC.
Call ALC and give them your:
- Member ID number
- Date & time of appointment
- Pick-up & appointment location
ALC arranges pick–up
at your preferred location by the type of vehicle that meets your individual needs. Learn more about the types of vehicles.
Driver drops you off at your appointment
- Curb-to-curb service (rideshare service)
- Door-to-door service (taxi service)
When your appointment is done
Call ALC and they will arrange for a driver to pick you up & drive you home
Request the type of ride based on what you need
Curb-to-curb service – use if you:
- Have a cell phone that can get text messages from the driver
- Are able to wait outside at the curb for the driver
Door-to-door service – use if you:
- Can walk yet need someone to help you get in/out of the car and/or into a building
- Do not have a phone that can receive text messages from the driver
Do you use a wheelchair or need assistance from a driver?
Specialized vehicles are available through the Non-Emergency Transportation (NEMT) benefit. Do not call ALC for these services. You will need to get provider approval and authorization before your appointment.
CareAdvantage Members – call the CareAdvantage Unit
Toll free: 1-866-880-0606 – Local: 650-616-2174
Medi-Cal Members – call HPSM Member Services
Toll free: 1-800-750-4776 – Local: 650-616-2133
TTY: 1-800-735-2929 or dial 7-1-1