Make time to do more physical activities this summer! Physical activity has many benefits. It can help you feel better, sleep better, keep a healthy weight and more!
Use these tips to get started:
- Pick activities that you enjoy.
- Invite family and friends.
- Start slow and work your way up to activities that need more effort.
- Talk with your primary care provider (PCP) about changes you may want to make to new exercise routines.
For a list of ideas for physical activity and more, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website at www.cdc.gov/physicalactivity/basics/adding-pa/places-to-be-physically-active.html.
Physical activity options in San Mateo County
There are a lot of indoor and outdoor physical activities you can do in San Mateo County! Walk along the water, hike, swim, or go to a local playground or recreation center. To learn more, visit:
- The San Mateo County Parks website at www.smcgov.org/parks/list for a list of local parks to enjoy the outdoors.
- Your city’s Parks and Recreation Department website for a list of physical activity programs and swimming pools at reduced cost for city residents.