It’s summer, and a great time to take your child to get check-ups and vaccines that they are due for! This includes taking your child to their primary care provider (PCP) for a yearly check-up (also called a well-child visit) and to their dentist for a dental check-up!
Use these tips to prepare for your child’s well-child visit and dental check-up this summer:
- Write down a list of questions or concerns you have about your child’s health and bring them to your visit.
- Complete surveys that your child’s provider or dentist has sent you before the visit.
- Bring any forms you need your child’s provider or dentist to fill out for school.
- Bring any information that you think your child’s provider or dentist should be aware of. For a well-child visit, this may include:
- Your child’s vaccination record.
- Any after-visit summaries from recent urgent care, emergency room or hospital visits.
Schedule your child’s next well-visit or dental visit before you leave the office. Make sure to ask for a reminder card or write down the date of the next visit in your calendar.