HPSM’s Care Management program is a no-cost service that any HPSM member can enroll in. Then they are assigned an HPSM Care Manager who connects with them by phone to:
- Help them solve problems that keep them from meeting their health goals.
- Educate them about managing their health issues and good self-care.
- Connect them with resources and programs that can help.
- Encourage them to follow their treatment plan and complete necessary health assessments.
- Support them and their family when they are faced with complex medical conditions or critical events.
How the Care Manager works with providers
- The Care Manager talks with you and your patient’s other health care providers to get ideas and input on the patient’s care. You and your patient can choose whether to make any of the Care Manager’s suggestions part of your treatment plan.
- For certain members (particularly our D-SNP population), we fax a copy of the member’s care plan to the PCP for their review and feedback. We also invite the PCP to an interdisciplinary care team (ICT) meeting to discuss the care plan and/or their care goals for an HPSM member they are working with. Non-PCP providers can also ask to attend their patient’s ICT meeting.
- The Care Manager coordinates care to ensure you, the patient’s other health care providers and HPSM all work together.
Encourage your patients to enroll in HPSM’s Care Management program. Any HPSM member can join, and family members or authorized representatives can also refer members in their care to the program. To learn more, you, your patients or their caregivers can call 650-616-2060 Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. TTY: dial 1-800-735-2929 or 7-1-1.